We will be focusing on reading this month. We will have a classroom reading competition. For every book they read in class, the teachers will add a link to their paper caterpillar. The two classrooms with the longest caterpillar on Oct 26th will win a prize for their room. Books already in their classroom can't be counted for this contest, so we are relying on you to help your child's class. Please bring in books from home or the library to share each day. (Make sure everything is labeled with your child's name.) Feel free to make arrangements with your teacher to come read a story or two to the children. Our students love it when parents, grandparent, or older siblings come and help in the classroom for a short spell. To culminate this ready frenzy, we will have Storybook Character Day on October 31st. Your child may dress up as a character from their favorite book. Make sure they bring the book with them on the 31st as we will spend the day reading everyone's favorite books and letting the children act out the parts since they will be in costume. We are NOT celebrating Halloween, so no scary costumes, witches, ghosts, ghouls, vampires, monsters, etc. We will devote the day to reading and having crafts, games, and activities that relate to the books we are reading. It will be fun filled day celebrating our love of books with one another.
Dates to Remember
31- Storybook Character Day
30- Cacy and Scarlett
Hails and Farewells
Gerecia in the Tadpoles.
Chantia in the Bumblebees.
Things to Remember
- Sign up for Tuition Express now and save a dollar each week on tuition.
- If your last name is different from your child's, please write your child's full name on your check.
- Tuition is due on Mondays. Starting at noon on Wednesdays and every day thereafter, a $3 late charge will be added to your account if tuition is not paid.
- You must give a written, advance notice if you want to use your free vacation week.
- Please send in a labeled water bottle every day for your child.
- Please keep a light jacket or sweatshirt in your child's cubbie, for cooler mornings and overactive air conditioning.
For developmental milestones for your child:
For South Carolina Department of Social Services: