As of 5/19/2020
We are excited to announce that Sunday, May 24, 2020, the doors will be open for people to come in the worship center for our Sunday service that will begin at 10:30 AM. There will also be adult Sunday School in the Family Life Center at 9:15 AM. This also means that Monday night Bible Study is back to meeting on Monday's at 6:30 PM. WOW (Worship on Wednesday) will also be having their first in house service on May 27, 2020. Social distancing will be practiced during those times, as well. The Sunday service and the Wednesday service will be live on Facebook for those who cannot attend. If you are in the high risk category, vulnerable category or somone in your household is, please do not feel like you have to attend. We love you and want you to do what is best. Please do not feel guilty, if you do not attend. There will be a few things different starting this Sunday, and some of them are listed below:
1. There will be greeters at the door. Please follow their instructions.
2. There will be NO nursery, Children's Sunday School and Children's Church at this time. Like always, babies and children are ALWAYS welcome in the church service.
3. We are encouraging that only families sit together and for people to be respectful and practice social distancing (at least 6 feet apart). Every other pew will be blocked off.
4. Face masks are not required, but we don't want anyone to ever feel uncomfortable by wearing one. Please feel free to wear a mask.
5. The adult Sunday school class in the Family Life Center will be in the main gym area with chairs spread out.
6. Throughout the week there may be more information on whether there will be any other adult Sunday school classes meeting. If that occurs, that information will be posted as soon as possible.
7. Don't forget! Sunday School is at 9:15 AM, and the Sunday morning church service is at 10:30 AM.
As of 3/16/2020
Dear Hope Baptist Church family,
After much prayer and in light of the fact that there seems to be a more unified consensus among the experts regarding the limiting of large gatherings, I believe that it is wise for us to cancel all on campus activities through the end of March. This includes Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday activities, as well as the Men's Fellowship breakfast scheduled for this Saturday.
This will allow us to isolate individuals who may be vulnerable, as well as those who are not but will come into contact with those who are for the next 15 days, at which time we will reevaluate the proper actions moving forward.
I believe that if we are able to prevent someone from dying as a result of decisive and proactive decisions we will be honoring the Lord.
During this two-week period of time, we will make plans to increase the capability of reaching more of our faith family through virtual means and other social media outlets in the event that we may have to avoid physically meeting for worship for a longer period of time. If possible I will preach a message this Sunday morning that can be heard or seen by our faith family members while they worship together at home.
I will encourage our faith family to be faithful with the giving of tithes and offerings during any length of time we are unable to meet face to face and I will be looking into the details of setting up online giving.
I would encourage all Sunday school classes and all other small groups to set in place a system which allows us to check up on everyone weekly, especially those who may need any help or special prayer.
I would ask everyone to please submit the names and phone numbers of anyone who is homebound or nearly homebound to the deacons so that we are able to help if needed.
As the pastor, I will endeavor to make every member aware that I can be reached by phone at any time and will do my best to meet everyone's needs without the normal hospital and nursing home visitation.
In closing, let me remind you that God has not been caught off guard by any of this. He will lead us through the problems and circumstances of life if we will just seek His will and follow Him.
This is an opportunity for His children to demonstrate what true Christianity looks like in action and will allow us to love like Jesus in demonstrable ways.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
God bless you,